Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Report Writing

 Daylight Robbery

    An East Timorese woman, aged 32, was robbed by two Militia men in their 20's CIVPOL monitors have been called in to assess the situation and conduct an interview.
    On the 27th June 1999 an East Timorese woman aged 32, was robbed in 3road daylight, midday. The Two robbers jumped out of the bushes on her way home for lunch, armed with a gun and machete. One was in front and one behind. They demanded her purse, watch and jewelry. First she refused to hand over anything, so the man in front pushed her then punched her in the stomach. She then gave her valuables, but the men didn't believe that she had given everything. The one behind her pinned her arms behind her while the other one punched her repeatedly in the stomac

h. She passed out and when she woke up, the men had gone. She was hurt quite badly so she had to spend a day in hospital. She was threatened by the men; they said that they would kill her if she informed the police. They were probably Militia as they asked her if she had voted in the independence election and became angry when she said yes. She had never seen the men before.
reasons for incident and description of assailants
    Both the men were in their early 20's and were about 5'6-5'8 inches tall wearing red bandannas. One dressed in camouflage fatigues and the other in faded denims and a white t-shirt, the taller one had a scar down the right cheek.
    The woman was probably robbed as the two men knew, or had heard, that she had voted in the independence election, and wanted to confirm it and hit back at her for doing so.
conclusion \Summary
CIVPOL will pass this information to the local police and said that she should contact them should the men return and threaten her again. CIVPOL  assured the woman that they would patrol her streets more closely.

    A plane has been hijacked on route from Kuala Lumpur International Airport to Rome, Italy on 20 July 2001
    Flight IA 504 is hijacked by five armed men twenty minutes into the flight. It is on its way to Rome, Italy from Kuala Lumpur International. The hijackers divert the plane to Bangkok and demand the release of their 6 friends in an East Timorese jail. They threaten to blow up the plane if their demands are not met. The bomb is apparently in the luggage compartment. After 3 hours, the plane lands in Singapore and the hijackers ask for food and water. The plane is then surrounded by Army Special Forces and food and water is given in exchange for female hostages. Negotiations take place between hijackers and local authorities, why say they need 5 hours to arrange the release of their 6 friends. After 5 hours, the authorities refuse to release 6 but agree to 3. 15 hours of negotiations go on and finally the men surrender to the authorities.
Reasons for incident/Description
    The hijackers have hijacked the plane to force the release of their friends in an East Timorese jail. There are five armed men on the plane armed with pistols and possibly a hand grenade. They say there is a bomb in the luggage compartment.
    After 15 hours of negotiations, there is no breakthrough and the hijackers surrender without any of their demands being met. All hostages are released unharmed.
Hit and Run
    On the main, highway running to Madrid,, northwest of the city of Barcelona, at 10:30PM, on Friday the 2nd February/there has been a hit and run case. Eyewitnesses say it was a 1996, opal grey, Austin Minor car with caravan. The car was heading towards Madrid when a cyclist on the same road was hit. It was raining and visibility was very bad. The cyclist for some reason moved onto the road from the cycling lane and was hit. His cycle was completely crushed, and has left leg and arm were broken, he received minor injuries to his head, even though he was wearing helmet. The victim was wearing cycling gear but did not have any protection from the rain. He was about 18 years old, slim and 5'10" tall. The cyclist was coming from Madrid. The victim was taken to Barcelona hospital and is said to be out of danger. The car was said to have some scratches from the cycle on the left-hand side as well. Due to the poor visibility, the witnesses at the scene of the crime could not read the number plate.
    A search is taking place for the car in Madrid, as it as heading in that direction. The eyewitness said that there were four people in the car and didn't know if there were more in the caravan. By the brief close look he got and poor visibility, the witness thinks they were all men.
Trapped in an Earthquake
    It was 1:00 AM on Friday the 16th December 1990. Almost all the residents of Cyber town were asleep. It was raining very lightly and it was very dark. All of a sudden at 1:02 AM there was a tremor of more than 6.7 on the Richter scale. It lasted for about 3 minutes. All the houses collapsed pulling down telephone and electrical poles. Fires started, as the main gas supply the houses was broken and gas was leaking everywhere. The people, who managed to wake up and run out of their houses, were running around trying to find a safe place. The ones who were injured or trapped were crying out for help. The whole place was in chaos. Police and army personnel (the ones that had survived the earthquake) were called in to help, and take charge of the situation.Out of the total 50 houses in the town at least 40 of the houses were completely destroyed. Those that were not destroyed were damaged very badly. Ambulances from the near by towns were called in to help with the situation, as they were not as badly effected, as they did not fall directly in the earthquake line.

    The army set up temporary tents in order to accommodate the injured and lost, and a mobile unit was put up for immediate relief. Nearby towns and cities sent out relief workers to help with the situation. Food and medicine vas quickly requested for. By 4:00 AM people were either looking for the missing people or burying the dead. There was a slight haze in the sky from all the dust that had been floating around from the crumbling buildings. t would take the people of Cyber town at least 3-6 months to bring things lack to normal for themselves.
Selling  Alcohol
    At dusk on Saturday 29 September 2001, Mr. Abdul Hamid a young man who is 28 years old, the owner of a small restaurant, in downtown Abu Dhabi. His shop was next to the tall building of the central Bank. Even 'though it was a Saturday, and a holiday, he decided to open his small shop, because his business had not been very good and he needed all the extra money to support his large family. He had only five or six customers during the whole day but he was looking forward to the evening when men would come to have drink. Although, being a Muslim country it was permitted to sell the locally brewed Stella beer, from which he could make quite a bit of profit.
    Then around 9:OOPM two men casually dressed came into his shop and asked him for some beer and things to eat. As soon as he had brought their order, they both stood up and caught him and held his hands behind his back. They said that they were from the Religious police, and that it was forbidden by the Sharia law to sell any sort of alcohol on a holiday. They said that ithere had been a new law passed saying that this was the new rule for all public holidays. The penalty for abusing this law was death, or 100 lashes. Abdul Hamid apologized to the policemen saying that he was not aware that this new law had been imposed, he begged the two policemen to forgive him as it was his first offence and begged them for mercy. Both the officers looked at each other and gave the situation a lot of thought, after some time they released him with a very stem warning.

    A 46-years-old woman accused of being a witch was hacked to death in a remote village in the northeastern Indian state of Tripura, the Press Trust of India reported Thursday. The news agency said the woman was known as a I "spinster in the  village because she had remained unmarried. The woman.KuntiDebbarma, lived on her own and was always fairly quiet, reserved and  considered odd to the villagers. She was forcibly removed from her hut in Tuiching village in western Tripura at approximately 4:40pm witnesses said. She was dragged into the middle of the village by 7 of her neighbors who then proceeded to hack her to death using machetes and axes. She had been accused of allegedly practicing sorcery in her village and putting a spell on a newborn baby that had recently died. Police have launched an operation in the remote tribal area to catch Debbarma's neighbors who are now hissing. Witnesses stated that there were 3 women and 4 men in her death. However, villagers have stated that they were unaware of the whereabouts of the missing people. One man stated that the missing neighbors were reportedly in Jhasi, while another male stated he saw them in the next village over. A female informant stated that after the attacks, two men and one of the woman headed southeast on foot, while the other women and one man headed north by bus, she didn't know the whereabouts of the other man involved. Police have been receiving conflicting reports and will continue their search for the attackers. Every year, several women are killed in India at the hands of villagers after being accused of sorcery. Last year there were 213 reported murdered of "accused' witches in India alone.

    Early Monday morning at approximately 3:30am, tropical storms blew away over 6,469 mud and thatch houses and knocked down approximately  396 trees in northern Bangladesh, killing three people and leaving nearly 5,332 people homeless, police reported early Tuesday
Morning. The storms were unexpected for many of the villagers and almost all of the people involved had been asleep when the storms hit. one woman and her baby girl were crushed to death when their tin-roofed house collapsed during the storms. The woman and child were apparently alive after the storm ended, but villagers were unable to rescue them before their deaths. One man was killed by lightning while trying to savetwo young manwho were also trapped in the thatch house next to his. Fifty people were injured during the rainstorms in Netrokona, Sylhet and Moulvibazardistricts  according to police reports in Ittefaq and Janakantha. It is unknown how many injured people are being hospitalized at the moment. The storms not only leveled mud and thatch houses, but tin roof houses as well in the farming region 132 kilometers (80 miles) northeast of Dhaka, the national capital. Police officers are Trying to organize search parties to help remove bodies from the rubble in hopes of knowing an exact number of deaths. At this moment the death toil is three, but police fear that once the house rubble has been cleared, the death toll will dramatically increase.

Jail Break
    There were 350 I nmates in Alcatraz Jail, and 60 staff. It was classified as a maximum security jail and escape was considered to be next to impossible.It is situated on an island and is surrounded by water, which is infested with Sharks. The security staff are shuttled to and from the island by ferry twice a day, which a is the only way in and out.However on the night of 3 April 1992, there was a jail break. Twenty of the inmates managed to escape.What happened was, when the evening ferry came to shuttle the day stuff back to the mainland at 5:00 PM, a fire was started in the dining hall by some of the inmates, in the central building. Most staff on duty rushed to the scene and tries to put out the fire. In the meantime, while all the staff were busy with the fire, the twenty who escaped managed to overpower the guards at the main gate and boarded the ferry which was only manned by two guards. they took the ferry to an isolated spot and abandoned it there. Although the local police were informed, and a search was conducted, they managed to escape. A description of each has been given to the central police headquarters and also to all sub-offices.It has been a week since the incident, and there are no clues as the where they are now. Their friends who are still in the jail are not willing to talk or help authorities on this matter.
    At 2100 hours on Friday 15th September 2000 an Albanian male called Mentor. Who lives in pristina, at Grid reference 136 247.heard a knock at the front door of his house. when he opened it. he saw three masked men standing there. One of hese men grabbed hold of him, held a hunting knife to his throat, and told Mentor. inAbanian no to move or he would be killed. The other two men then entered his house and started to destroy the living -room furniture with a large hammer. which they had with them. The taller of the two men was dressed in green combat clothing and a red ski mask, and the shorter man was wearing blue trousers, a white jacked and a blue ski mask, all three were speaking Serbian to each other. when the two men had finished breaking the living-room furniture, they went upstairs and continued to destroy the furniture there. Later the shorter man in the white jacket came down the stairs and ran outside, returning shortly afterwards  carrying a red plastic container. He poured petrol from the container over the broken living-room furniture and the tall man then set the furniture alight. The  three man started to laugh and the one holding Mentor told him. in Albanian, that it was time the Albanians knew what it was like to have their homes destroyed.  mentor tried to break free, but was pushed to the ground and kicked in the stomach a number of times. The house was starting to fill with smoke, the tall man told him not to report the incident or they would cut his throat. The three men then ran from the house laughing. Mentor was able to crawl from the house into the street, where he saw, abut one hundred meters down the street. The three men standing under a streetlight talking to another male person, who was giving them money.Thethree  men then got into a white Alfa Romeo driving off in the direction of the hospital and the other person walked away towards the town center. The Fire services arrived about five minutes later, by which time the house was well on fire, with flames leaping through the roof. The only items of property, which were saved from the house, were a clock and a satellite dish. Two UNMIK police patrols attended the scene and assisted in keeping people away from the fire. A Danish police officer took  Mentor to the hospital in Pristina, for treatment to his left hand, which he had burnt saving the clock from die house. Mentor was requested to attend police station number one, Pristina, at 1200 hours the following day, to be interviewed.

    At 1230 hours on Tuesday 3 October 2000, an Albanian male called Besnik went to the UNMIK Police Station Number 4, in Pristina. He stated that his uncle's neighbour had telephoned him and said that he had heard a gunshot from the uncle's house.
An INMIK Police unit was sent to the address, at Grid reference 129326. arriving at the scene at 1240 hours, where they found an elderly male person lying on the kitchen floor. The emergency medical services were called to the scene and Doctor Agim KRASNIQI pronounced the male dead at 1315 hours, the man had died from one gunshot wound to his head. The dead man was an Albanian about 45 years old, wearing a pair of blue jeans and a gray jersey. Next to the body were an Astra automatic pistol, and one empty 7.65 bullet case. A neighbor informed the Police Officers that he had heard a gunshot from next door. at 1200 hours that day and then telephoned Besnik. Both he and the nephew identified the body as Raji HARB. The neighbour also stated that he had been living next door to Raji for 20 years, and that Raji had been suffering from tuberculosis. This disease had caused him a lot of pain over the last year and he had attempted to commit suicide twice before. Also found at the scene, near the body, were a suicide note written on a newspaper and a wedding ring.
    The last person to see Raji alive was his nephew. It was at 0730 hours .morning when he saw his uncle cleaning his car. The body was taken to (mortuary in Pristina hospital. Besnik was requested to attend the Police lion at 1300 hours the following day for interview.


    At 1125 hours on Tuesday 2 May 2000 a Traffic Accident occurred at the main roundabout in south Pristina, grid reference 129217, the vehicles .involved were a British Army Landrover and a black Nissan jeep. The circumstances to the accident were as follows: the Landover drove onto the roundabout from the Northern entrance and the black Nissan jeep, which was already driving around the roundabout, failed to give way to the Landrover, so a collision occurred between the two vehicles. After the collision the Nissan jeep drove away from the scene, towards Pristina Hospital. A witness it the scene was able to give a description of the driver of the jeep as a young dark haired female, approximately 20 years of age, wearing a white blouse, who was alone in the car. The witness also recorded the car's registration number 044 KS 141, on an envelope she was carrying. A joint UNMIK and KPS police patrol arrived at the scene fifteen minutes later, the UNMIK police officer was from Zimbabwe. It was raining at the time of the accident, visibility was poor and the traffic on the roundabout was heavy. the police took measurements of the road and retained broken headlight ass and traces of black paint, found at the scene of the accident. The military driver and his front seat passenger were not wearing their seat belts the time of the accident and both received bruising to the head chest. they were taken to the British Military Hospital to receive medical treatment. The damage to the military vehicle was a badly dented front left side wing; the vehicle was towed to the British Barracks in Pristina. The fitness identified herself as an UN civilian employee, working as a finance officer, in room 12, United Nations Headquarters, Pristina.

    At 2010 hours on Monday 18 October 1999, in Pristina, a Serbian female stopped an UNMIK Police Patrol. She was very upset, reporting that her house had been robbed. The patrol took her back home, which was at grid reference 125 227.
At the address the police officers spoke to the woman's husband, a Serbian, who owns a Jewelry shop. which is located in the same building. He stated that at 1930 hours he and his wife were eating in their kitchen when there was a knock at the shop door. When he opened the door he was faced by three men. He described these persons as all being about 25 years old. dressed in green military type jacket and trousers, with their faces covered by dark masks. The leader of the group held an AK 47 in his right hand, the other two were armed with a revolver and a large knife. He also noticed a white Volkswagen car with a female in the driver's seat, parked in front of the shop. the car's engine was running. The leader of the group shouted at the owner in Albanian, forced him back into the kitchen and demanded money from the shop safe. When the victim refused, the man with the revolver hit him across the face knocking him down to the ground. It was then that the power went off and the house was thrown into darkness. The victim started to struggle with the suspects and he managed to take the revolver from one of the men. The suspects then ran from the house through the' rear door. The victim chased them out of the building and saw the two with the rifle and the knife getting into the white Volkswagen, which then drove off towards the city centre. The third suspect disappeared into the woods at the back of the house. Later the police searched the woods and the jacket of the third suspect was found. In the jacket was a driving license and a photograph of a young girl. The revolver, jacket and the other items were seized by the police for further examination. As a result of his struggle with the three suspects the victim received a swollen right eye and a cut to the head, which were later treated at Pristina hospital. It was also revealed that the suspects had taken two gold rings and three silver bracelets, with a total value of 1300 German Marks. The police advised the victim that they would make a report and investigate the incident.                                                   


    Monday 1 of May 2000 about 0140 hours an Albanian male went to the Local UNMIK Police Station and reported that an Armed Robbery had taken ice at the Mini Market near the Stadium. When the Police Patrol arrived at the Mini Market, they found the Security Guard in an office, his hands were handcuffed behind his back and his mouth had been covered with tape. hen they released the guard, he gave them the following information. He stated that he had been employed as a Security Guard at the Mini Market since November 1999 and he was responsible for the security of the building when it closed. On Sunday 30 April he started work at 2100 hours, he checked the building and found the doors and windows secure. After he had finished checking the building he went to his office to complete some paperwork. He was listening to the radio, when at 0015 hours he heard a noise in the Mini Market. Before he could react, the office door opened and four males rushed in. They were all about 20 years old and all wearing a red baseball hat. The one with the hat an automatic pistol of some kind, which he held in his right hand and one of the others, had a baseball bat, which he held in his left hand. The man with the gun pointed it at the guard and shouted at  him. in Serbian, to sit still or he would be killed. Two of the males then gagged and bound him, the one with the baseball bat stayed with him. The hers went out of the office and he heard them taking things out through the side door. About half an hour later the man with the gun re-entered the office warning him again to be quiet, then all four left the Mini Market through theside door. He believed the persons were Serbian as they talked to each otherand him only in Serbian. He waited for sometime before trying to raise the alarm he was eventually heard by the guard of the store next door, who reported the incident to the UNMIK police. This person also stated that at 0045 hours that night he saw a dark colored Mercedes leaving the Mini market car park, towards the Airport. The Police and the guard carried out a check of the building; they found a rear window had been forced open. The Victim stated that 28 cases of Whiskey and 53 boxes of cigarettes had been taken, however all the money was still in safe.


    At 0848 hours on Wednesday the 23rd of September 2000, UNMIK Police Officers from Pristina police station number 1 and units from KFOR responded to a coded alarm for a Bank Robbery in progress at the First Union Bank. Pristina.On arrival at the Bank UNMIK.Police found a Bank employee and two cash securtity guard inside the building, 'hey interviewed the employee, who stated that he was the Head Cashier of the First Union Bank and that he had started work early, about 0630 hours, because there was to be a delivery of a large sum of money. At 0645 hours he saw the Armoured Cash Truck, stop outside the bank and the security guards form the truck were opening the rear doors. A large black BMW stopped immediately behind the armoured truck and two armed men limped from the BMW and pointed their weapons at the guards. On seeing this the cashier attempted to call the police by telephone, but the lines were busy. He was armed with a Glock 17 automatic pistol, so he went to assist the guards. On leaving the bank he was confronted by a third man who had a revolver. The cashier was shouted at. in Albanian. to put his pistol down or he would be killed, so he dropped his pistol. Then he and the two guards were taken into the bank. Where the cashier was forced to open one of the offices. The armed men then tied the three together with rope and covered their mouths with yellow sticky tape, warning them not to try and escape. The armed men then  left the office locking it behind them. At 0845 hours the bank staff came into work and found the cashier and guards locked in an office, so the manager activated the alarm. The cashier was able to describe the suspects as three young men. One was muscular. approximately 1.90 meters tall, the second man was well built about 1.75 meter tall and the third was quite thin about 1.60 meters tall. They all wore green military coveralls and  had covered their faces with black ski masks. The two tall suspects were carrying shotguns and the third suspect was carrying a black revolver. A total of four million five hundred thousand German Marks, in various denominations, was taken from the Cash truck. This large sum of cash was being delivered to pay United Nations Personnel.

    On Friday 9 May 2003, at 20.00 hours, an incident was reported to Police Station #5o of a person being severely beaten. The caller witness stated that a beating incident had just occurred at the food store "Best Price", which was located at Main Street -25, grid reference 193-168. Immediately, a police patrol was dispatched to the scene of the incident. On arrival at the scene of the incident at 20.15 hours the officers observed, that the 42-year-old male food storeowner, had been very badly beaten on his face. Due to the very serous condition of the storeowners injuries the officers decided to immediately transport the victim by ambulate to the local hospital for treatment.the 37-year-old female witness to the incident said she and the storeowner lad been friends for the last 3 years. At 19.50 hours, while she was six meters away from the incident hiding behind a bread display, she observed the owner of the store and the offender, a male that was about thirty years of age, 175 cm tall, very heavy build, with long black hair and beard, brown leather coat, white shirt and black pants arguing loudly.
    The witness advised that she over heard the offender say to the storeowner that he was late in paying the 900 euros which were due to be paid at the beginning of each month, and that if the money was not paid he would destroy the store by fire.
the witness advised that the storeowner said to the offender that he refused" to pay any more extortion money to him. The witness then stated that she observed the offender remove a small black club from his coat pocket with his right hand and strike the store owner five times in the face with the club while holding him by the neck with his left hand, and then put the club back in his coat pocket.

    Further interview of the witness revealed that she was employed as a teacher the local school, and resided at Airport Street-49, grid reference 836-742, the witness stated that she had never seen the offender in the store before incident happened. The witness further stated to the officers that the


On 14 May 2003 at 09.30 hrs a fair haired 180 cm tall, about 35 years old male, with glasses, dressed in blue jeans, brown shoes and black shirt walked into to the police station #3. A young female police officer met him at the duty room and asked him about the reason of his visit. The visitor said. that he was a journalist and needed to speak to the station commander of this police station. The duty officer noticed, that the man looked very upset. She enquired about the reason and the man said, that his photo camera was missing since yesterday evening. He also added, that he was not upset because of the loss of the camera, but mostly because of the loss of the film in this photo camera. The station commander of the police station was not available. He was attending a meeting in the Main Headquarters and the visitor had to wait for 30 minutes, sitting in the waiting room. While he was waiting for the Station Commander, the duty officer gave him a cup of tea. hen the journalist said, that he would not wait longer and left his telephone number as 507-631 asking to call him as soon as the Station Commander would return from the meeting. Then he the Police Station left at 10.00 hrs.
the Station Commander returned from the meeting at 10.15 hrs. The duty officer advised the Station Commander about the journalist. The Station Commander called for the investigation officer and ordered him to call the journalist and to look into the matter.
The investigation officer rang the journalist and they agreed to meet at the reception area of the hotel named "21st Century" at 11.00 hrs. As they met, they walked outside the hotel and sat on the bench in the park. The journalist said, that he was working for a magazine called "Towns and People". He arrived in the town of llth May 2003 to take pictures about customs and tradition of the population, living in this town. The job was over and he took 2 pictures. On 13 May at 19.30 hrs he took a taxi from the old bridge over the river to the city center. He thought, that he had forgotten the bag with the photo camera and films in the taxi. The investigation officer asked him to describe the taxi and the taxi driver. The taxi was a yellow 4-door sedan car.

fight in bar (sample report)

    According to the eyewitness, who was present at the scene, it was the evening and approximately 40 people were having drinks in the bar with their friends. A part form this. there were 10-15 army personnel also having a drink there. They had completed their duty and were about to return home. There was a discussion between the barman and the army men concerning the number of drinks that had been consumed. The barman had added extra drinks on their bill bringing to the total for their bill to S200. However, the army men had actually only drunk $100 worth of drinks. The army man who went to the bar to pay the bill a disagreed withthe barman's total, which was more than double, and was accused by the barman oftrying to pay less. There was a heated exchange between the two, ending in the barman punching the army man in the face and telling the army men to get out of the bar. When the fight started the witness was at the bar, having a beer, and was.at happened. After being punched, the army man called his friends and they started smashing all the tables and chairs and fighting with the locals who were supporting the barman. During the fighting, the witness was hit on the head with a beer bottle that had been thrown by somebody. After that.he hid under the table.

    According to the eyewitness account, the trouble started because the barman tried to overcharge the army men for drinks, which they had not consumed. The two sdes became very heated and it then erupted into fights between the army and local people.

    The CIVPOL monitor assured the witness that he/she would report the incident to the local police and thanked the witness for co-operation.


People around the world like to listen to the radio. People listen to the radio at home, at work, in the car and in the streets. People listen to the news, weather forecast and like to listen to the music. Liberians are no exception to this common tradition. The Civil war in Liberia was over in 2003. People’s lives and hopes turned to good. More Liberians began walking with a radio in their hands listening to the news and music. There are three main radio stations in Monrovia operating on FM frequency: Music radio on frequency 90, 2. Official radio of the United Nations Mission in Liberia on frequency 91, 5; and World news radio station on frequency 103. The transmission of these radio stations is also well heard in neighboring countries like Sierra Leone, Guinea and Ivory Coast.

A young Liberian man called John was listening to the UNMIL radio. He heard that the nationwide campaign on Disarmament was launched on 3-d of December 2003. He also heard that the campaign was coordinated by the UNMIL radio with intention to inform combatants and communities in Liberia about this program.

           John is a 28 year old Liberian citizen; he has been married for 10 years and has three kids: two sons and a daughter. The daughter is 9 years old, the oldest son is 7 and the youngest is 5.  John and his family still currently live at his father’s house in Monrovia. John finished high school in May 1993 and received his certificate upon completion. During the war he was unemployed and now he is still looking for a job. Like many Liberians he usually played football on weekends and was listening to the radio. His favorite radio station is the Music radio.
On 21st of December 2004, John went to the center of Monrovia to look for a job as a security officer at the shop. He walked into a supermarket which was trading electronic goods. While he was waiting for a manager of the supermarket to ask him if he would hire him, John heard an announcement on the UNMIL radio about recruitment of police officers for the Liberian National Police Service. John left the supermarket without even having a response from the manager. John decided to become a police officer. Walking home John saw a poster on the wall of the Police station located in the center of Monrovia and read that applicants, who successfully meet basic criteria in fitness, writing, psychological and medical tests would be invited for interview at the Police HQ.   

           When John came home he spoke with his father about his intention to become a police officer. His father said that he would be proud if John was a police officer. John successfully passed all necessary tests and on Monday, 17th of January 2005 he was invited to come to the police Headquarters for interview.    

The following conversation is the dialogue between a police officer and John.

 “Police medal”

    On 14 January 2005, a journalist from the Police magazine called “To Serve and protect” went to see the magazine Director and proposed writing an article about the history of police medals awarded to citizens for their assistance to the Police. The presumed name of the article was “Police Medal”.

    On 16 January 2005, the journalist went to the Police museum located at Main street number74 to conduct research for the article. While in the museum, he was pleased to see pictures, letters of appreciation, and medals given to young citizens, for their assistance to the Police during investigation of crimes.

    In the records section of the museum, the journalist read that on May 7, 1947 the Chief of Police reported the kidnapping of an 8 year old girl, when she was walking home from school. He said that this crime might have gone unresolved if there had been no cooperation between the citizens and the police. Two youths, 11 and 15 years old, witnessed the girl being abducted and took down the registration plate number, PK 5386, of the vehicle used to commit the crime. This led to the immediate arrest of the criminals. The girl was freed and returned to her parents.

    The common practice of the 20th century was to send letters of thanks to the citizens, but the Police Commission decided thate wanted something special to recognize young people who helped the Police department. It was decided that a "Board of Police Commission Medal" should be formed to plan for the presentation in such cases. Medal designers were instructed to enquire as to the design and costs.

The following resolution was presented and passed unanimously. The medal was to be made of bronze with the words "Police Commission Award" on the front side of the medal and the reverse side was to specify the name of the recipient as well as the date of the service rendered and the words "For praiseworthy service in law enforcement". The estimated cost of production of this medal was 250 dollars.

The medal presentation was always made in the office of the Mayor, who also served as  Chairman of the Police Commission. The first ceremony took place on 26th of November, 1947. The medals were awarded to two boys 11 and 15 years old, who reported the abduction of a girl along with vital clues that led to the immediate arrest of the suspects.

    The next award was presented in 1948 on April 15th to a 17 year old male, who had witnessed an armed robbery attempt at a jewelry shop.  The young male began following the gunman. He saw two Police officers and informed them of the circumstances and they were able to arrest the gunman without incident.

    Before publishing the article, the director of the Police magazine asked the journalist to come to his office to brief him about the article. The following conversation is the dialogue between the director of the Police magazine and the journalist.


On Friday, 28 January 2005 at 07.00 hrs a mobile police patrol started their day shift. Two police officers drove police vehicle Jeep # 864. The first route was from Police Head Quarters towards the fish market.

    At 07.45 hrs the officers saw a crowd of about 20 people on the Main Street of Monrovia, Grid coordinates LG 305-681. The people at the scene were shouting. The Police officers observed that there were two men fighting. Some of the people from the crowd were hitting one of them  whom they believed was guilty. He was bleeding from the head. Police officers decided to stop the car. It was very obvious, that if the police patrol would not stop, the perceived offender’s life would have been in danger.  It was well known from police sources that 95 mob justice cases had been registered during the past 6 months. Many of these cases had fatal results. The fighters and the crowd were acting aggressively and were very excited. Any step made by the police towards the crowd was very dangerous. 

The team leader of the police patrol, using the loud-speaker system warned the mob to stop fighting. It had diverted the attention of the crowd for a moment. There was no time for hesitation. Police officers rushed into the crowd and took the fighters into a police car. Then they drove to the nearest Police station, located at the airport grid reference LG 307-692. On their way, the team leader of the police patrol gave first aid to the victim and bandaged his head. The driver of the patrol car sent a radio message to the Airport Police Station, reporting the fighting case, adding, that they would be arriving at the Police Station in 10 minutes.

When the police patrol arrived to the Police Station the fighters were taken by the duty officer to the interrogation room. The team leader of the patrol car was asked by the commander of the Airport police to proceed to the police station in order to give details as to what had happened.  During interrogation the two men involved in the case were asked why they were fighting. The man with the injured head said, that he was 35 years old, lived on Green Street number 81. He was the employee of the telephone company called “Lone star”. He also stated that he had never seen the offender before. He then said that he left the house at 07.30hrs for work, but was attacked by the offender. He stated that the offender accused him of being a war criminal and then hit him on the head with an iron pipe. Immediately people from neighboring houses rushed to the scene. Then the police arrived to the scene. The Airport police commander asked the patrol team leader to send the driver of the patrol team to the location of the incident and to find the iron pipe for evidence. The driver of the patrol team returned to the scene and found the iron pipe with blood stains, lying on the grass. The Police patrol continued the shift and drove to the forensic laboratory to deliver this exhibit for forensic examination.
 After the shift was over at 19.00 hrs., the team leader of the patrol team and the driver came to their office to write a report about the results of the shift. 

The following conversation is the dialogue between the Team leader of the Police patrol team and the driver of the Police car preparing to write a report.

    On Monday, 14th of March 2005 two police officers were conducting a mobile patrol between the stadium and the water tower. They drove Police vehicle jeep # 472, red and white in color.  At 12:45 hrs, the Police heard gun shots at grid coordinates LG 315-692. The driver of the police car drove in the direction of the gun fire. On the radiothe team leader requested for a back up. At 13.10 hrs the Police patrol arrived at house # 59 on Stadium Street. The Police saw the barrel of a rifle sticking out from the window of this house, directed towards the street. The officers were not able to see who was holding the rifle because of the window curtain. The back up police unit arrived at 13.20 hrs and surrounded the house. The team leader of the patrol unit loudly gave the verbal command to whoever was in the house to throw the rifle out of the window and walk slowly out of the house with his hands up in the air. No sound or movement came from the house and the rifle remained in the same position.  The team-leader warned the gunman, that if he did not follow the previously given verbal command, the police would open fire. Again, there was no response from inside of the house.

    At 13.30 hours the back-up unit began an assault on the house. As they entered the house, they observed that nobody was there. The rifle was resting on the window with the barrel pointing towards the street and the butt of the rifle was held on the back-rest of a chair. The police made a quick search of the house and discovered that nobody was there.  They found only the rifle, two empty bullet cases on the floor near the window and blood stains on the chair.

    The police did not take anything from the scene, as the forensic group had not arrived.
The team leader and the driver of the patrol car knocked on the door of the neighboring house. After approximately 10 minutes a 60 year old woman opened the door. She was wearing a green dress and a black scarf on her head. She said that she did not want to open the door because she was afraid of the gunfire near the area of her house. She stated that when the shooting started, she counted a total of 7 gunshots. The woman also saw three masked men of a muscular build shooting in the direction of her neighbor’s house. When the gunfire ended, she stated that she saw that masked men took her neighbor from the house and placed him into a gray colored minibus. The witness was sure that they drove towards the airport. She also noticed that her neighbor was wounded and that his right shoulder was bleeding.
The patrol team remained at the scene to secure the evidence while waiting for the arrival of the forensic group.

    The forensic group arrived at the scene at 14.00 hrs. They made a search of the area and found more 5 empty bullet cases near the fence of the house. The forensic team took the rifle, all empty bullet cases and samples of the blood stains removed from the chair into custody for further examinations.
Later in the shift, the patrol unit heard on the radio, that the suspected minibus was stopped at a check point near the Airport. The suspects were arrested and charged for unlawful possession of weapons and kidnapping. The kidnapped man was taken by the airport police to the hospital.

    The following conversation is the dialogue between the chief of police and the team leader of the Police patrol.


    Newly appointed Regional Police Chief was expected to report for duty on Monday 28 of March 2005 at 08.00 hrs. Before showing up for duty officially he conceived a plan to check how duty officers in different Police stations perform their duties in an unusual situation.

    On rainy Friday evening at 18.30 hrs on March 25, 2005 he put on civilian clothes and went to the Police station # 5 at grid reference MG 497 – 551. He introduced himself as the director of the “Atlantic pictures” photo studio. The visitor was dressed in brown shoes, gray pants, white shirt and black cloak. At a sight he was about 40 years old, slim built, 175 cm. tall.
He asked the duty officer that he wished to receive a complaint form for the purpose of reporting a citizen’s complaint against a Police officer.

    The male duty officer replied that he could not file a complaint, but he could call and ask investigation officer of the Police station to come and speak regarding the incident. The visitor said that he did not wish to speak with the investigation officer, but would like to receive a complaint form, with which he could document his complaint in writing and forward it to the appropriate agencies. Then he removed a digital voice recorder from his right pocket and asked the duty officer if he could document via audio recorder his refusal to allow him to receive a complaint form.

    This made the duty officer very angry and he told the visitor to leave or he would be arrested. The visitor promptly left the Police Department without revealing the nature of the complaint. He entered his car a white sedan license # MK 5337 and drove towards the regional police headquarters. As the visitor left, the duty officer called the investigation officer at the regional Police HQ on telephone and reported about this strange visitor. At approx. 19.45 hrs of the same evening the complainant stopped his car at the regional Police headquarters, located at Flower Street # 62. He approached the main desk in the duty room and informed the female duty officer that he would like to receive a complaint form for the purpose of reporting a citizen’s complaint against a police officer.

    The duty officer said that this form was not available to visitors, as the Police department policy was that he must first speak to the investigation officer and describe the incident. The Officer would then decide if the complaint was worthy of a report. She called the investigation officer on telephone and after 5 minutes the visitor was invited to his office.
In the investigation room the visitor displayed his documents and revealed that he was the new regional Police Chief.

    The following conversation is the dialogue between the regional Police Chief and the investigation officer.


On Tuesday 1st of June 2005 at 10.00 hours, an incident of mob justice was reported on telephone to the Liberian Central Police Station.  The caller used the emergency 911 telephone number to call, and stated that the incident was still happening on the side of the road next to the supermarket “Green land” situated on UN road number 73. The caller further stated that approximately 50 people were beating a young man with sticks and throwing rocks at him. Immediately, a police patrol unit was dispatched to the scene.

On arrival at the scene at 10.15 hours, the Police patrol officers observed a large crowd of people. Upon arrival of the police, the crowd quickly dispersed. The police saw a man who was still sitting on the ground. This man was holding his hands over head trying to protect the head from receiving new injures. His head and shoulders were bleeding. His pants and shirt were dirty and torn into pieces, so the color of the clothes was barely recognizable. He was about 18 years of age, slim build, approximately 175 centimeters tall with shaved head. The officers immediately notified an ambulance to respond to the location to transport him to the hospital. 

A male approached the Police patrol unit and said that it was him, who called the police about the mob justice case. He said that his name was David; he was 35 years old and resides at Mango Street number 12. He said that the man sitting on the ground was a thief who had stolen a Nokia mobile phone from the mobile telephone shop in which he, the witness, has been working as a technician for the last two years. The witness then pointed to three men all about 25 years old standing at the side of the road. Two men were unarmed and one was armed with a wooden stick. The witness said that he saw that the victim was hit with a wooden stick a number of times by the third suspect.

He stated that these men were the first who caught the thief and beat him with hands and  wooden stick. Immediately people from the street rushed to the scene to punish the thief. Upon seeing the police officers look in their direction, two of the suspects fled in the direction of the shore of the Atlantic Ocean which was not far away. The third suspect dropped the wooden stick and tried to escape in the crowd. He was a black male, approximately 180 centimeters tall, dressed in blue jeans, green shirt and red cap. The bright colors of his clothes and cap made him visible to the police. The Police patrol officers gave a chase and caught the suspect. They also recovered the wooden stick with fresh blood stains.  The other two suspects escaped by running into a motor boat and sped in the Ocean.  The Police patrol officers handcuffed the captured suspect and charged him for assault and causing serious injuries to the victim.
At 10.30hrs, an ambulance arrived and attended to the victim. The doctor said that the he had suffered massive trauma to his head and shoulders caused by rocks and wooden stick.  The injured male was taken to the Central hospital for medical treatment.  The Police patrol unit reported to the Police headquarters with the captured suspect. The witness was requested to come to the police station for interview the same day at 14.30 hrs.


  1. An East Timorese woman, aged 32, was robbed by two Militia men in their 20's CIVPOL monitors have been called in to assess the situation and conduct an interview.
    On the 27th June 1999 an East Timorese woman aged 32, was robbed in 3road daylight, midday. The Two robbers jumped out of the bushes on her way home for lunch, armed with a gun and machete. One was in front and one behind. They demanded her purse, watch and jewelry. First she refused to hand over anything, so the man in front pushed her then punched her in the stomach. She then gave her valuables, but the men didn't believe that she had given everything. The one behind her pinned her arms behind her while the other one punched her repeatedly in the stomac

    h. She passed out and when she woke up, the men had gone. She was hurt quite badly so she had to spend a day in hospital. She was threatened by the men; they said that they would kill her if she informed the police. They were probably Militia as they asked her if she had voted in the independence election and became angry when she said yes. She had never seen the men before.
    reasons for incident and description of assailants
    Both the men were in their early 20's and were about 5'6-5'8 inches tall wearing red bandannas. One dressed in camouflage fatigues and the other in faded denims and a white t-shirt, the taller one had a scar down the right cheek.
    The woman was probably robbed as the two men knew, or had heard, that she had voted in the independence election, and wanted to confirm it and hit back at her for doing so.
    conclusion \Summary
    CIVPOL will pass this information to the local police and said that she should contact them should the men return and threaten her again. CIVPOL assured the woman that they would patrol her streets more closely.

  2. Well, I would say that in this report everything has been explained very well and with complete details and don't thing any thing has been missed and that is the perfect sample of writing a report. Also, there are some report writing services that can help i providing such type of detailed report as it's hard to write for any other person who is not a report writing professional.